Zoppas Industries Heating Element Technologies intends to adopt an Energy Management System (E.M.S.) in accordance with the standard ISO 50001, applying it to its own industrial processes for the manufacturing of heating elements; the aim is to improve energy performances, thus contributing to reduce the impact on the environment, limiting CO2 emissions according to the Kyoto Protocol and pursuing the energy-efficiency objectives imposed by the European Union.
With regard to the Energy Policy, the following principles have been defined and set:
- Reduction of energy consumption such as electric energy, methane and technical gases, in relation to the production volumes and management of the activities by using natural resources efficiently;
- Development of new production technologies and lay-outs which view energy saving as part of the technical/planning elements;
- Support to the specific functions in the management of energy-efficient purchases both in terms of purchased products and services;
- Observance of all legal prescriptions, applicable norms, and other eventual requirements specified by all involved parts, including customers;
- Continuous improvement of the energy efficiency for the processes of production and support, introducing the best technologies available, compatibly with the company’s investment plans;
- Measuring and monitoring of the energy performances through a specific system of performance indicators so as to obtain the results of the energy management;
- Involvement, making responsible and raising awareness of the members of staff collaborating with the organizations at all levels, also by informing suppliers and the external parts involved.